Thursday, January 3, 2013

And So We Survive Another Revolution of this Hunk of Rock Around It's Life, and Eventually Death, Giving Star

Okay, here we are:

2013. The big Two Zero One Three. And the world is still here. I guess I should prepare to pay taxes.

It's a new year, so time for a recap? A thoughtful post about all the change and growth of an individual adrift in a sea of change and uncertainty? Maybe, it is rather cliche, but also fitting.

Working as a writer I feel like I don't have any time or desire to update this thing (which is odd, does that make me a bad writer?). Between my two jobs, hobbies, traveling, and side projects I haven't had a lot of time to sit down and do the pseudo-philosophical writing I had promised myself to do, and honestly the kind I like (see everything I ever wrote regarding Alain de Botton).

So as something-like-but-not-entirely a New Year's resolution I'll try to do three weeks of 6 updates on various themes:

  1. Traveling
  2. Change
  3. Work
  4. Teaching
  5. Dancing
  6. Friends and Relationships
Tomorrow I'll post my thoughts on traveling, a brief version of which I've shared with a friend from Scotland. I've managed to do a good bit of that in the last year, and there will be a lot of more of that coming in the next four months (Chicago, Denver, Washington DC, Lafayette, Oberlin, Columbus, Cleveland, Dayton, Pittsburgh, Grand Rapids). It's all for dancing, something which is rapidly becoming the number one thing I do (sorry fencing, the upcoming practice schedule is going to make it hard to see you).  

Pittsburgh during Pittstop 2012

To round this out, above is a picture of Pittsburgh I took during an exchange weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment